First week recap

Today marks the last day of my first week here in Warsaw, and so far it is great! I am interning this summer at the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw, Poland. I am an intern within the Educational Department at the Museum. On the first day, we mainly got to tour the entire museum, from the restaurant to the offices. Then, we explored the main exhibition. The exhibit is very large, it is quite incredible. We probably spent 3 hours in it and there is still a lot I want to take a closer look at. It is very interactive, with a lot of multimedia components. I could see it being a really great museum for children because I think the educational style is very accessible to them. However, as a young adult I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I saw a lot of other adults enjoying it as well. Then, on Tuesday, Wednesday, and today (Friday), I have been working on the program/schedule as well as materials for an upcoming seminar that the Museum is hosting regarding educational methods and goals of museums. The Museum is partnered with a graduate program in Jewish Studies called Paideia, and so the seminar is mainly for Paideia graduates to come and share their work and learn from each other. There are many panels and workshops, and I plan to attend the event myself (it is at the end of June).

Also, yesterday I went to Krakow and was able to go to the Galicia Jewish Museum there. I am excited that I will be able to include this visit in my Independent Project regarding Jewish museums and Holocaust memorial museums, which I am completing this summer for the Human Rights Sequence at CMC. I also will be including the London Jewish Museum in the study, and of course POLIN as well.

Also, to reason I did not work yesterday (Thursday) is because it was a national holiday! Everything was closed but it was a great day for a day trip to Krakow :)

I plan to upload some pictures soon!

-Malea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half way through update!! +Pictures